I really like this recipe! It doesn’t even carry yolks. And they look pretty amazing as well.
One of our very favorite cookies! Serve them for breakfast with a strong cappuccino – they’re a perfect stand in for an Almond Croissant!
Almond Crescent Cookies
7 oz. Almond Paste (not marzipan –Love n Bake makes a readily available GF product.)
1 oz. Almond Flour (remember, you can make your own in a coffee mill.)
1 egg white
4 oz. (½ c.) light brown sugar
¼ teaspoon almond extract
1 ½ Cup sliced almonds (might need more to fully coat all the cookies.)
Another egg white.
325 F oven; rack set at the middle. Cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Blend almond paste, sugar and salt.
- Add 1 egg white and almond extract.
- Measure into 1 oz. pieces of dough and roll into balls (12)
- Whisk the other egg white in a smallish bowl.
- Spread the sliced almonds on…
View original post 110 more words